Monday, March 10, 2008

New Format and thanks for listening.

Thanks for the folks who've sent mails and twitter DM's etc regarding the new format of the show.

If you haven't heard the podcast, I've changed the format a little - pick a topic, research it, and theme the music to some extent too.

It's amazing how many people say "I just fast forward the music" or "I fast forward the talking". You can't please all of the people all of the time I suppose.... anyway, it's great to see people still listening to the show. There's been a spike in listening figures and some shows are doing great - one showing near 18,000. The number of folks who dip in and out are astonishing - close on half a million in the last two years - that's excellent, thanks!

The blog is something I've neglected a little. Sue mentioned to me that I can sometimes seem a bit 'whiny' or self obsessed - and looking back at some of the posts, and listening to the podcasts I can see that.... sorry! I'll try and be a little more focused. I'm astonished I've kept going since late 2004. it's the fact that you folks listen /read in that keep me going.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, thanks for continuing to listen and thanks to those of you who read the blog (including Lee up at the Burnley office and Jason in his remote Manchester Architect's office..)

Listen out towards the summer months for an audio book I'll be podcasting. I had it in mind to write a book James Herriot / Rumpole style some years ago... then I got back into studying.

Roll on summer...!

No comments: