Saturday, December 09, 2006

A miserable bloke called Les?

I seem to be a regular theatre buff at the minute. I went to see Les Miserables in London yesterday.

I have to say that I was huffing and panting about going as I didn't want to see the production. I really thought this was going to me a prentetious load of twaddle that was a bit up it's own bum.

How wrong was I? I was spellbound. The story and plot was intelligent and moving, the music amazing and the sonogs ( a couple of which I knew enough to hum along too) were exceptional.

Vive La Les Miserable! I could really become accustomed to this Theatre lark... now wouldn't it be great to hear a podcast behind the scenes at something like this? Is there such a podcast available I wonder?

2 comments:

Adrian Pegg said...

Hi Paul,

I'm pleased you've come around to the wonderful world of musicals at last! I saw Les Mis when it first opened and it didn't appeal to me much, but I'm looking forward to seeing Spamalot at Christmas. A couple you definitely should see are Billy Elliot and Guys and Dolls.

There is a podcast, of sorts, produced by What's On Stage. They haven't quite go the hang of it though and there is no subscription option so I guess it doesn't really count as a podcast. I'm going to contact them and perhaps you could do the same and see if we can get a feed going.

What's On Stage Radio

Anonymous said...

Ive been vivsiting the theatre quite a lot, but i really can tstand musicals. Mybe its the fact that ive had to sit though the wizard of oZ's beggining 76 times(and counting) and ive never seen the end, or that my grandparents obsessively sung the sound of music.