Thursday, August 30, 2007

looking forward to the weekend

I've had a pretty stressful week, and have a couple of matters in court next week I've just finished prepping. There's something to be said for getting your files spread out at home, without any distractions on a big dining room table.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick to death of being in the office, trying to concentrate with the 'phone continually ringing, email pinging, mobile buzzing, text messages bleeping and faxes flying in.

I can remember twenty odd years ago wondering how on earth a fax worked - sending it down a phone line. I can still remember being blown away by electronic typewriters (you needed Tipp-Ex or a white correction ribbon).

As great as all the gadgets we have, they are pretty demanding - you're on call at the drop of a hat anywhere anytime.

Well, gadgets and other stuff will no doubt abound at the weekend - I'm at Podcamp UK in Birmingham, just 6 miles north of home. It'll be great to meet up with new and old faces. If you're coming along, nudge me and say hello - if not, watch this space!

Oh - and a podcast in the bag in the next day or so.

Roll on Saturday.......

No comments: