Wednesday, February 08, 2006

podcast 99 Dave Morgan and I chew the fat about his ELO days.


ELO just before going on stage at Stuttgart for the last gig of the 1986 tour: Lou Clerk, Richard Tandy, Martin Smith, Dave Morgan, Jeff Lynne, Mik Kaminski and Bev Bevan Photo courtesy of Dave.

Download the MP3 here
I have to say that this is one of my most enjoyable podcasts.

The Birmingham Rock scene is incredibly tight, my old mate; Dave Morgan played with, amongst others, the Move, Magnum (my childhood heroes) and ELO.

I play three of Dave's tracks; (1) Paradise Garden, (2) City Girl and an absolute belter; (3) God's good time - produced by and featuring Jeff Lynne.

I also play (4) Forget The Girl by Hollow Horse.

I've told Dave to stick his music up on the podsafe music network - I think it's ace, a great ELO feel to it and would love other folks to hear it. If you like it, mail Dave at dave@scottmorgan.co.uk and whinge to him until he puts his music up there! I'd love to see God's good time get masses of airplay, if you're a fan of ELO, I guarantee you'll love this.

Don't forget to comment below. Cheers!

;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. I sent Dave an email. It's funny I sent the email before the last track. I actually prefer the 2 non Jeff produced tracks and I usually like Jeff Lynne.

Colin
http://www.indielaunchpad.com