Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A sincerely happy New Year

As this year closes, and another waits in the wings for the curtain call, I never really like looking back. I'm a pretty much forward thinking bloke.

2008 has been and gone, it quite literally is history. I don't like pondering over things, jut looking ahead to what's around the corner.

The inevitable resolutions come along - lose weight, be a little more tolerant, work harder, spend more time with the kids. The list goes on.

The thing that has been on my mind more than anything else though is to be less critical. The one thing I tend to do is to make a snap judgment of people. I feel I should be far less judgmental. No one likes a cynic and I would hate to think that I'm like that.

The good book says 'Judge not, lest ye be judged' and I like that mindset. As I look at people, hopefully, they'll look at me in the same way. To be honest, as cynic as some people are, there are plenty that aren't.

Being a Christian isn't like a golf club membership, it's a way of life, and one that I would dearly love to live better than I do. I don't think I'm doing too badly, but it's always a good idea to improve.

So, I will try not to make snap judgments and really try hard to look through another's eyes before making comment. At least, that's the plan.

We're all the same, no matter what size, gender, perceived class or outlook we have on any aspect. If you don't believe in God, don't worry, He still believes in you!

Have a great, prosperous and very peaceful New Year, whenever and wherever you are.

Paul.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a happy and healthy new year mate.


Geoff

podcastpaul said...

Thanks mate. Hope 2009 is great for you too.

God Bless mate.