Monday, February 23, 2009

An Epiphany

I just had an epiphany. At least, I think I did.

I'm forever beating myself up about 'wasting' time when I get back from work. As I type this, Sue is watching 'Lark Rise to Candleford' and I'm mucking about, just catching up with things on the web and checking the BBC web site. Wasting time - something I always feel guilty about.

I was in the office before 7.30 this morning, and didn't leave until 6.30 this evening. As much as I love work, I don't want to think about it when I get home, and it's great to do something else, and, quite honestly just unwind and 'waste time'. I've fixed the dishwasher, helped Chris try and configure his PS3 and a new gadget and just chatted to an old school mate. Heaven.

I think that sometimes it's great to waste time, in fact, sometimes it's crucial. It's dead easy to cram every available item into every conceivable amount of spare time, but it just isn't healthy.

I think I may just waste some more time, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for u, i back wasting time, does this count?

Grace and Mercy said...

Absolutely Colin!